Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Coppola's



This family is synonymous for great films. Francis Coppola's Godfather trilogy, his A for amazing daughter Sofia directed The Virgin Suicides and Lost in Translation. Most recently Marie Antoinette. I love Sofia Coppola to no end. Kiss kiss Sofia. Kees kees. Seriously.

Oddly enough they're in the wine biz. Have been for some time.

I bought a bottle of Sofia Sparkling for my house warming party last year and it was delish. So I can't wait to get my hands on these...

"Sofia Minis are very popular amongst that trendy set who enjoy the occasional bubbly and want their own "pop". Coppola reports Sofia Minis are a blend of Pinot Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc and Muscat, with less than 1% residual sugar.

Tasting Notes: Color: Pale wheat with a slight celery tint, showing copious bubbles. Aromas: Green apple and ripe pear with hints of honey. Lively on the tongue with lots of bubbles, the tart apple strudle flavors seem just a bit off-dry, balanced with nice acidity that keeps it light and refreshing.

Excellent value ($18 /4-187ml. cans). Alcohol content: 11.5%."

I want some!!!